Jest to dawne opactwo benedyktyńskie, zostało wybudowane w roku 712, a rozbudowane zostało w X wieku. Od XII wieku mnisi szukali tam legendarnego grobu króla Artura. Zostało zniszczone i opuszczone w roku 1539. Dziś miejsce otwarte jest dl
Trybunał w Glastonbury niegdyś pełnił wiele różnych funkcji, zaczynając od szkoły, sklep, aż po sąd. Jego historia i wiek nie są do końca udokumentowane, jednak jest pewne, że jest to budynek z okolic 15 wieku. Dziś jest to jedna z głównyc
Jest to pałacowa rezydencja znajdująca się w Wielkiej Brytanii, jest wpisana na listę dziesięciu najbardziej zabytkowych domów Angli. Nieruchomość została wybudowana w roku 1759a a ufundował ją zamożny człowiek który dorobił się swoich pie
Royal Armouries Museum in Leeds houses the National Collection of Arms and Armour. The museum opened in 1996. Just like in all UK National Museums, entry is free of charge. However, there is a charge for some additional attractions. Open f
Golden Acre Park is a park in North Leeds. Its size is 55 hectares and the area comprises beautiful gardens, tea rooms and paths. The facilities for visitors include benches, picnic sites, and bird feeding shelter.
Kirkstall Abbey is a Cisterian monastery in Leeds. The ruins are set in a park, by the River Aire. The monastery was founded around 1152. In the late 19th century it was opened to the public. Artists such as J.M.W. Turner, John Sell Cotman
Thackray Medical Museum is a museum devoted to the history of medicine. It is situated in Leeds, next to St James's Hospital. This interactive museum was opened in 1997. It is especially attractive for children as they can learn a lot abou
Elland Road is a football stadium in Leeds. It is the home of Leeds United A.F.C. The stadium comprises four stands and can hold up to 39,460 spectators. It is the twelfth biggest football stadium in England. This place is also frequently
Temple Newsam is a beautiful Tudor-Jacobean house in Leeds with a 500-year history. The restored building is full of art treasures. The Home Farm is the Europe's largest working rare breeds farm. It is a tourist attractions for those who a
Roundhay Park in Leeds has the size of more than 700 acres. It is one of the largest city parks in the whole Europe. It is also one of the most popular places in Leeds. Each year it is visited by almost one million people.
The Backs is a charming area in the city of Cambridge. The University of Cambridge has its buildings there, by the River Cam. The name of the area - “the Backs” - is a reference to the backs of university's colleges. In the past the river
The Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences is a geological museum. It is operated by the University of Cambridge and it is the oldest of its museums. It was established in 1728 as the Woodwardian Museum. Nowadays the collection is more than 2 m
Cambridge University Botanic Garden is a botanical garden of the University of Cambridge. It was created in 1831 by Professor John Stevens Henslow (Charles Darwin's mentor). At first, the garden was only used for educational and scientific
Anglesey Abbey is a country house situated in the village of Lode, almost 10 kilometres from Cambridge in Great Britain. In the past, the house was a priory. Today it is open to the public so everyone who is willing to see the Jacobean-sty
The University of Cambridge is the second oldest English university (the oldest one is the University of Oxford). It was founded in 1209. The university is formed of 31 colleges. It is very prestigious. Some of the most famous Cambridge gr
The Lye Valley is a nature reserve in Oxford, situated east of Churchill Hospital. Its size is 4.5 hectares. The site is the natural habitat of different species – rare plants as well as animals can be found there.
Oxford University Parks is a parkland area in the centre of Oxford. During the day the area is open and available to the public. It has beautiful gardens, sports fields, many rare plants. There is also a cricket ground used by Oxford Unive
The Oxford Bus Museum is a museum of buses and other types of vehicles used in road transport in Great Britain. In 1967 the Oxford Bus Preservation Syndicate bought a 1949 semi-coach and in this way started the museum collection. About 40
Christ Church Cathedral in Oxford was built as an Augustinian church in the 12th century. At the beginning of the 13th century the spire of central tower was added. Several decades later, in the middle of the 13th century, Lady Chapel was
The University Church of St Mary the Virgin is situated in the area of the University of Oxford. The church, which is also the largest parish church in Oxford, gave origin for the university. The church is often called SMV (for short). It